Welcome to My Journal

New Beginnings Ahead

Today is the day!

I have finally decided to make my journal. It is most definitely out of my comfort zone, but I feel as though I have been longing for a space to express myself, my passions and make it my own. 


My name is Jess Brown and I am the the face behind JustJessJournals. I'm so excited to begin this journey into 2020 and show everyone my ideas that I have been stock piling in my little notebook for months.
Photo by @browngirl_artwork (instagram)
2019 has been a year of stepping out of my comfort zone, so why not carry that mantra into 2020?

This year I have pushed myself academically (bye bye 3rd year uni!), taken up constant exercise in a group of like-minded womxn, am 1 year into my natural hair journey, was pretty consistent on social media (I forget to document the good times but I am improving) and have become a co-senior editor of Her Campus UCT 2020. 

Topics within the Journal 

Through this journal, I hope to explore my interests, passions and most importantly learn more about myself. I feel like this list is not a closed list, but for now this lifestyle journal will include:
  • Beauty 
  • Education
  • Exercise
  • Fashion 
  • Feminism
  • Food


What influenced me to start utilizing this space was the fact that I have always been interested in how other influencers have built up a space to engage and share their ideas and writing. I love following honest and open people on social media, who make my own social media experiences a fun and non toxic environment. 

As a result, it has always been a dream of mine to gather the courage and just start posting. I feel as though through the years I have been skeptical about the idea of a blog, fearing judgement and disinterest in my own creative ideas. I hope that this space can be an open and experimental one, that allows for growth and positive interactions. 


As I am a student myself, so I understand that balancing work and play and me-time is a constant juggling act that feels as though it is never perfected. I ideally hope that these journals will add a little spark to your day!



The Future

2019 has presented itself as a challenging time for South Africans and the global community alike. I think that bringing a vibrant and optimistic view on life is what each and every one of us need to remain sane in this fast paced world. 

I hope that this journal entry has made you as excited for the what is to come and inspires you to do something out of your comfort zone today. 

" Fear tricks us into living a boring life " - Donald Miller
JustJessJournals ♡xo
Instagram: @justjessbro  .............
Pinterest: justjessjournals ............
Email: just.jess.study@gmail.com









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creating a Non-Toxic Social Media Space